"Night Before Christmas" Coffee Cake
½ cup sugar
¼ cup butter
2 beaten eggs
½ cup warm milk
1 pkg yeast (2 teaspoons bulk yeast) dissolved in 3 tablespoons warm water
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
4 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
½ cup nuts or maraschino cherries, candied red or green cherries
- Cream together sugar and butter.
- Then add eggs, milk, 1 package of yeast (2 tablespoons bulk yeast) dissolved in 3 tablespoons of warm water, flour, salt and vanilla.
- Beat all of these ingredients together.
- Then set dough aside and let it rise, until double in size.
- When your coffee cake dough has risen to double the size (this may take about 2 hours) put it in a 9x13" greased pan and spread with topping;
- Combine sugar, cinnamon, melted butter and nuts (you can use maraschino cherries or candied red and green cherries if you don't like nuts)
- Now place in a cold oven and leave it in there overnight to rise.
- The next morning turn oven to 350 degrees and bake for ½ hour.
- Take out and serve warm.
- This makes a large coffee cake or you can put the dough in two round pans instead.
Note:Recipe is from NorthPole.com. Santa's second favorite spot on the web.