1 lb (454 g) butter
1 cup (250 mL) icing sugar
2¼ cups (350 mL) all-purpose flour
½ cup (125 mL) Rice flour
- Cream butter until smooth.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Beat in flours.
- Form into 1-inch (2.5 cm) balls and place on baking sheet.
- Flatten slightly with fork.
- (OR on lightly floured board, roll out dough to 3/8 inch (9 mm) thickness.
- Cut with cookie cutters and place on baking sheet.)
- Bake at 325°F (160°C) ovenfor 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on rack. Store in air-tight container. Makes about 5 dozen.
NOTE: Works well with "cream" setting on electric mixer.
From the McCormick "Club-House" Rice Flour box.